Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Yogurt in Wraps

I've been buying a lot of yogurt lately. Organic yogurt, Greek yogurt, yogurt in tubes, yogurt smoothies.  I don't even like yogurt. Can hardly stand the smell, actually. And I get seriously annoyed if someone (whose name rhymes with Bouis) forgets to rinse a yogurt container before putting it in the recyling bin.

I bought a couple of plain Oikos Greek yogurts a couple of weeks ago, and wasn't sure if my kids would like it without the fruit on the bottom. Then when I was flipping through the channels, I came across a show called the "5 Ingredient Fix" on the Food Network. Basically, Claire Robinson puts together dishes with 5 ingredients or less. My kind of show.

Here are the ingredients for "Schoolhouse Wraps" that I made for the boys today. My preschooler loved it. Not a hit with my toddler though, but he also refused strawberries, so I think he was just too tired and cranky for food.

I can't offer suggestions for improvement since I didn't try it, but the sitter said it was good and would make it at home.

The 5 ingredients are:
1) roasted chicken
2) plain Greek yogurt
3) diced celery (for crunch factor - I used green pepper instead cause we were out of celery),
4) red grapes sliced in half
5) flour tortillas

Here is the recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/claire-robinson/schoolhouse-wraps-recipe/index.html


If you're feeling adventurous, you can also make tzatziki: http://greekfood.about.com/od/dipsspreadspures1/r/Tzatziki.htm

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment