Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Coupon Clippers & Coupon Policies

I often use an online clipping service called The Coupon Clippers to get my hands on a large number of identical coupons. It's less time-consuming than searching online, and less paper waste than buying multiple copies of the Sunday paper. Clipping services do charge a handling fee that can range between $0.08 to $0.50 per coupon, depending on the value of the coupon.

I usually stock up on coupons for items that my family purchases regularly. That way, when it goes sale (which it usually does before the coupon expiry date), I can head to the store armed with my coupon binder and save more than 50% of my bill.

As always, I respect the 4 identical coupon limit per day for Shop Rite/Grade A.  Here is the complete policy.

The cashier at a Stop & Shop in Greenwich told me that there is no limit for identical coupons; however I looked it up on the website and it states that up to 16 identical coupons can be used (but only the first 4 identical coupons will be doubled if under 99 cents).  I guess no one in Greenwich has ever tried to use more than 16 identical coupons... Read the complete policy here.

Remember that at both stores coupons marked "Do Not Double" will usually double automatically at the register if the bar code starts with the number "5" (but defnitely won't if it starts with a "9").

No comments:

Post a Comment